COVID – 19 Procedures For Use of Facility at 68 Biehn Drive, Kitchener.
GENERAL September 16, 2021
The following procedural outline as issued by Pioneer Park Christian Fellowship, owner / operator of 68 Biehn Drive, Kitchener, is intended to set a minimum standard of care during the Covid-19 pandemic environment. The document is based on the current recommendations of provincial, regional and municipal authorities, and is subject to change at their direction.
A sign at the door will state the following.
You are welcome here. Please ensure you:
- Have no COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, or shortness of breath) AND
- Have not travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days AND
- Have not been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19
- Practice social distancing and keep a 2-meter (6 feet) space between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask.
- The following link is available to assess your symptoms: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
The following recommendations from the Region of Waterloo will be followed at PPCF:
- Frequent handwashing and/or use of hand sanitizer.
- In addition to routine cleaning, clean and disinfect frequently touched objects (e.g. phones, doorknobs, light switches, toilet handles, counters, sound systems, hand rails, piano keys etc.)
- A container of disinfectant wipes will be kept in the sound system cupboard and the user must clean the unit thoroughly after each use.
- Maximum capacity of 40 people in the sanctuary, plus 15 in the overflow area.
- Masks must be worn. Age 2 and under are exempt.
- Staggered entry and exit must be adhered to – keeping 2 meters apart at all times (do not hang up belongings)
- Hand Sanitizer will be available but supervision of usage by young children is required.
- All persons and or family groups must be seated 2 meters apart.
- Instrumental music can resume, congregational singing/humming with masks on. Choirs and performers can also be done by video.
- Offering and Communion – no passing of the elements.
- Attendance must be taken – for purpose of tracing if asked by Medical officer of health.
- Only mics on stands are permitted.
- Be mindful that the longer you are in an indoor space the more likely COVID will find a host. Experts recommend one hour maximum of people in one space.
Weddings, Baptisms, and Funerals – check current Regional restrictions.
KITCHEN SPACE IS CLOSED – no food in the building
NURSERY SPACE is limited to two adults and 6 children. Children 3 years and older must wear a mask. PPCF will not provide toys.
LIBRARY SPACE is restricted to no more than 4 persons.
BASEMENT SPACE – The basement large room can be used for 10 (including staff), following all the above procedures.
Children must wash hands before beginning, and after ending, all activities.